Sunday, July 17, 2011

Inspiration

I used to be a runner.  Ran in HS & all through college.  Continued on sporadically to my first marathon.  It was hard, really hard.  Then it tapered off.  I tried again when the first one was young.  Ran a few halfs, got under two hours, but then more children came.  Little time to run, but more likely, little inspiration.  It's hard to get back; a few miles hurt.  But not just physical hurt.  I'd lost my inspiration.  There's the heat and the sweat pouring down within the first few minutes (oh, how I despise south Florida), and the lack of something...beauty I guess.    I've been getting "Runners' World" again.  Within the first few pages is the "Rave Run".  It sounds so beautiful, rave run.  I don't have that, rave - there's sun beating down and pavement.  Little more.  My goal for the new school year is to find my rave run.  Where can it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment